Friday, December 10, 2010

before breakfast




























I photographed these sacred lotus flowers at the Farmers’ Market early this morning. They looked so perfect, so radiant, I initially wondered if they were real. People were constantly stopping to admire them.
The man selling them told me he paddled out in a kyak to pluck the flowers from his dam. He thought perhaps the reason they seemed so magical was to do with the purity of the air, soil and water at his biodynamic farm.

“There’s an old story” he said, “When the newly-awakened Buddha walked upon the earth, a lotus flower popped up at each place where his foot touched the ground”. 
“All flowers seem like miracles to me” said the biodynamic farmer. “As if we are being offered a gift from Nature ”
I bought some of his BD tomatoes and continued on with my shopping. All this before breakfast.



1 comment:

Pet said...

I have never seen anything like that. You live in a magical place.